As a current customer of Matson Insurance Agency, we would like to take this opportunity both to thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
II. Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Matson Insurance Agency collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Matson Insurance Agency collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, other forms, or by phone; this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, social security number and date of birth.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims, policy coverage and payment history.
- Information we receive from consumer-reporting agencies; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, Matson Insurance Agency may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, by telephone, by facsimile, electronically, and on-line.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don’t share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Matson Insurance Agency may share client information with non-affiliated third parties without your permission for the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by Matson Insurance Agency to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, processing claims, processing payments and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries
- Information that is required by individuals or entities that are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Matson Insurance Agency to comply with the law.
- Information requested by an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability
IV. Information Access:
Information provided by affiliates is accessible to common employees; however, none of the information accessed is used for marketing solicitation purposes. It is only used by the staff in question for normal and customary services. Employees are strictly prohibited from sharing or using this information outside the usual course of business. This information about you, including, but not limited to: information we obtain from your insurance application, such as your income or your marital status; information we obtain from a consumer report, such as your credit score or credit history; information we obtain to verify representations made by you, such as your open lines of credit; and, information we obtain from a person regarding his or her employment, credit, or other relationship with you, such as your employment history.
Our affiliated companies include:
Brookville Insurance Agency, Inc. d.b.a Matson Insurance Agency, d.b.a Insurance Solutions and Brokers Insurance Group, Inc., 132 Main Street, Box L, Brookville, PA 15825
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We hold our employees responsible for upholding our privacy standards.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.